Did you just welcome your little princess? We’re sure amidst many other things, one thing that’s keeping you confused is the choice of a name! While you’re taking that extra time and effort to look for that perfect name, we suggest you few pretty yet unusual baby girl names that have been popular since 2016 and are still going strong.
Name is probably the first thing that people learn about your child and it remains a part of her throughout her life. So, new parents often find it difficult shortlisting perfect names for their newborns. The process can be a little daunting, it can be fun at the same time.
Here, in this article, we have given our best shot in helping you with the current trending baby girl names of our country.
- Amara: A beautiful, multi-cultural name, meaning ‘immortal’ in Sanskrit. This is a name that have been loved by parents and is a hit since 2016.
- Amaira: A gorgeous name that it is, ‘Amaira’ means ‘princess’ in Arabic. This continues to be the hot favorite amongst many new moms in India.
- Samaira: Not a very recent name though, but this name has been gaining popularity. For it means, ‘Enchanting Goddess of Beauty’ in Indian context. A lovely choice indeed.
- Natasha: A classic name and still very much in vogue, ‘Natasha’ has different meaning in different languages. But, the best meaning of them all is ‘birthday of the lord’.
- Ruhi: It means ‘touching the heart and soul’. The popular character on TV, made this name to be quite much the chosen one for the parents of baby girls.
- Adya: The name having a Sanskrit origin means ‘Mother Earth’. Certainly a great choice if you want a spiritual name for your baby.
- Moana: Inspired from Disney’s animated heroine, the international name ‘Moana’ has been the hot favorite with trendy moms.
- Shanaya: A cultural yet international appeal to it, the name ‘Shanaya’ means ‘first ray of the Sun’. With this choice of name, it’s a given that your girl gonna thank you later!
- Kyra: The name ‘Kyra’ means ‘lord’ in Greek and in Latin it means ‘Light’. It sounds unusual. Isn’t it? This is why, ‘Kyra’ continues to be in demand.
- Zaara: A name that is so lovely and unique, ‘Zaara’ means ‘flower’ in Arabic. This has been a great choice for parents looking for something a bit more quirky yet soothing to the ears.
We Indians mostly prefer names with a meaning. And, what better than Sanskrit names that are unique with beautiful meanings!
Also, let’s always remember that a name is probably the first gift that you would give to your child. Take your time to select that precious name for your little bundle of joy. Not only beautiful and trendy, but it should be easy to pronounce and remember.
These days parents host name revealing parties for their kids in a grand way. If you are looking for tricks to make those parties all the more fun and enjoyable, read this article for more ideas.
Hope you like the list and do share your suggestions in the Comments section below.
Image Courtesy: Freepik.com